Subject Tutoring Focus
- Math (Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, and Calculus)
- AP Classes (Algebra II, Geometry, Biology, Physics, and English)
How to get the most from subject tutoring sessions?
Subject tutoring can be of benefit for students who are behind in a course or trying to pursue advanced work. These are our recommendations for getting the most from your session time.
- Know what you need help with – please bring your textbooks, notes and what specifically you would like to receive help with during the session
- Expect a tutor to cover 2-3 topics (especially in math) per session
- Spend time outside of tutoring studying – create a daily plan for homework
- AP/Honor classes require spending 10-18 hours per week studying for those classes
- General subject courses should be 4-5 hours per week
- To prepare for finals or exams you will need extra time. Please schedule extra time to prepare for finals. Tutors cannot review an entire semester in one session
Sliding scale available for those who qualify